Monday, September 26, 2011

Danger!

I saw this video http://www.ted.com/talks/gever_tulley_on_5_dangerous_things_for_kids.html a while back and it made me think of my own childhood and the things we were allowed to do that most kids don't get to do today.  In no way am I promoting carelessness but I do think we need to let our children experience things that maybe considered "dangerous" by todays standards.  So guess what we did today !?!  We went driving.....far out of town!  It was a first for both my 8 and 10 year old and they loved it.  My eldest daughter kept saying, "I can't believe you get to do this everyday!"  My eight year old son was so happy that he couldn't wait to get home to tell his Papa but wasn't sure if this was information that he was supposed to share.  I'm sure my dad would think it was pretty cool.  He was the one who got him his first pocket knife so we already have 2 things crossed off the list!

What do you think?  Too dangerous? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a note! We'd love to hear from you!