Friday, September 02, 2011

2:23 am

Do your kids wake you up in the middle of the night?  My three year old has every night for four weeks! She had surgery August 5th and in the middle of the night at the hospital there is a shift change.  The new nurse needs to check his/her patients - and by check I mean poke and bother them until they wake up.  I don't know why it's taking so long to get back into a regular sleep pattern but if you have any ideas please share! 

Since I'm up I might as well do something.  This way I'll have less to do tomorrow and have a guilt free nap at about 4:00 when my eyelids become too heavy to keep open! 

Wednesday night our homeschool kick off bbq was rained out. We decided not to cancel but instead have it at our house.  We are very blessed with an open floor plan and enough square footage to host events so I thought why not.  We ended up with a total of 36 people (22 kids and 14 parents).  With that many kids you would think there would be some sort of issue that arises, a scuffle or argument but nothing happened.  They all played together - everyone was included.  Even the little one's didn't fuss or cry about anything!  Do you think that it may be because they are homeschooled?  I'd like to think so ;)  

There was only one mom who came that's not currently homeschooling.  I invited her because she was curious and I wanted to prove we weren't all wack jobs. She knows many homeschoolers but doesn't know how to fit it into her busy life.  Now that I've been in the homeschooling scene for a few years I am to the point where I am confident in my decision.  Not that I wasn't confident initially but looking back I remember all the insecurities ... Am I doing what's best for my kids?....Will I be able to teach them properly?  What if I screw up? ect...  and on top of it you have all the outside pressure and comments...."What are you thinking?...What makes you qualified to teach? ... Do you have a university degree in education like the school teachers? .... Your kids will be socially awkward!....  I wouldn't do that if I were you!"    But there comes a time in your life when you just know.  You can feel that it's what you were called to do.  It's not just with homeschooling but other things in life.  I'm a firm believer in trusting your gut or listening to that inner voice that's guiding  you.  You will hit road blocks, it's not always going to be "fun" but what is?  The things in life worth doing take effort, time and patience but my kids are worth it. I cherish everyday with them - life is too short not to be with the one's you love the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a note! We'd love to hear from you!