Monday, August 29, 2011

Where's Veda?

I'm doing quite well with my list from last Wednesday but I'll tell you all about that in my next post  - I still have 2 days left to complete it ;). 

All during the day the kids have been in and out of the house.  My parents who live at the same property (separate suite) were out gardening and doing other yard work so the kids would go see them in the yard and sometimes pop into their place for a quick a visit.  Around 5:00 Scott (my hubby) gets home from work and was wondering where Veda (3 yrs old) was.  Well she's with the other kids of course - in the yard!  So I went out to check.  She wasn't in the back yard with Zoe, Nanny and Papa, she hadn't gone to the neighbors yard with her brothers, where could she be?  By now panic starts to set in.  She was really tired, maybe she headed upstairs for a nap - nope not there either.  Now I'm really panicking, Scott hops in the car to drive around the block and I'm dialing 911.  At this point I'm feeling like I'm the worst mother on the planet - why wasn't she at my side? why are the baby locks on my knobs so useless?  why don't my kids listen?  While I'm on the phone the kids, Scott, my parents, the neighbors (kids and adults) are all searching for Veda.  As I'm giving the description I hear,  "I've found her!"  She had gone into my parents suite and wedged herself under a chair and behind a flower pot in their front entry.  While in her cozy little spot she had fallen asleep - hence the reason she did not answer when I shouted her name only 2 feet away while searching for her a few minutes before.  The police officer that came out did not seem as happy as I was.  Thank God she's safe!  I couldn't bear the thought of anything happening to her.  Give your little one's an extra hug tonight - I know I will! 

Where's Waldo Veda?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a note! We'd love to hear from you!