Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012!!!

Wow, I can't believe it is 2012.  I feel like it should be 2001 or '02.  Our family had a wonderful Christmas and New Years and now we're trying to get back into the groove of school work, chores, and activities.  My kids are almost always reluctant to do school work.  I honestly try my hardest to make it fun, interesting, and as short as possible when I know that it's not going well.  Now I'm going to try something new.  For a couple weeks at a time we are going to immerse ourselves into one topic.  I will include our spelling words, the books we read and maybe even math (if I can figure out how).  I'll look up craft projects, music, anything and everything we can find on the subject we have chosen.

For Christmas my husband and I decided to give each of the kids spending money instead of toys.  This way they could learn how far money actually went and hopefully appreciate what they purchased.  The two older kids decided they were going to purchase lizards.  They were given a tank from a friend so one thing was off the list and then we headed to the pet store to price out and also figure out what would be the best type of lizard to get.  We (group decision)  decided to go with Uromastyx based on their diet, their size, and their handleability. 

For the next two weeks we are going to research everthing to do with Uromastyx!  It will be our first immersion project.  Off to the library we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a note! We'd love to hear from you!