Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy New Year! (I mean School Year)

Fall feels like New Year's to me.  I have a list of resolutions a mile long and start to feel chest pains while thinking of how I'm going to fit it all in.  Every year I promise myself that this year is going to be different, I'm going to stay on track, be more organized, come close to finishing my daily goals or at least be able to find my daily list in the stack of papers on my desk.  What I am doing differently this year than past years is creating accountability.  For excersising I have joined a fitness class, and for school I have this blog.  My commitment is to create a blog post once per week going over what we are doing. what we have accomplished and what we're planning  for the next week.

This weeks goals:  1) Choose a school name.
   (for school)          2) Create a Blog
                                3) Plan a "crafternoon" for September with other homeschooling families.
                                4) Schedule my weekday and weekend activities for next week.
                                5) Make a curriculum ....should only take a week right? ;)
                                6) Involve my kids wherever possible.
                                7) Purchase a new book for myself (I'm looking at one by John Holt)


I am limiting myself to 7 goals per week for now to see how it goes.  If I find that I have completed everything on my list I may add a few more for next week.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Steph! You're way ahead of me! Keep at it!

    All the best in your new year!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave us a note! We'd love to hear from you!